Thursday 12 March 2009

Final Front Cover


I have finally completed my front cover and overall i am very pleased with the end results. I believe that the pictures and the text work well together and support eachothers meaning. I chose to have a big, bold and bright title to represent the happy students. I like the colour scheme and this is why i kept it throughout the intire magazine to create a sense of recognisabilty. I chose to name my magazine 'B.I.Z.Z' this is because it stands for 'the buisness' which students would appeal to as it is colliqual language and it relates to teenage dialogue. For the tag line i used the college name to emphise that fact it is a college magazine and will include only information about the college. As i said in my flatplan anaysis, i used a small font for my issue number and date, and did so for the same reasons, to inform but not dominate. I put the main headlines on the right side of the page and in red to briefly give the reader an insght and the information in white to stand out from the darker background. I kept however the main headline at the bottom of the page to show importance but by keeping it the same colours as the other cells, it does not draw too much attention away from the heading. I am please with my cover but if i had to chane anything to improve, i would possibly use differnt fonts to show differnt meaning and perhaps would have only used a couple of colours to not confuse or suggest too much busyness on the page.

No comments: